Is your Macbook not turning on? There are standard failure modes for each year which we are familiar with repairing.
Apple often quotes $750-$1250 as a flat rate to “fix everything.” They fit you into a specific repair tier regardless of your issue, often charging an exorbitant amount of money even if you have a simple problem. We can often fix the problem for less than half their price. Our approach is to figure out your specific, unique problem, and charge you for repairing that only. Feel free to come into our store anytime we are open for a free estimate.
What’s the cause?
There could be a number of causes for your device not turning on:
- The charging port is broken and not sending power.
- The power button is stuck on, and preventing your MacBook from booting up.
- The trackpad is connected to the System Management Controller (SMC) that controls the circuits that power your device. A damaged trackpad could affect the SMC and prevent your MacBook from powering on.
- Circuts inside the logic board get damaged, and will not send power to the right components.
- Damaged ports on a MacBook can short components.
- Liquid spilled on your laptop can cause corrosion, shorting, and prevents boot up of your device.
If your laptop is completely dead, there is no way for us to tell you precisely what’s wrong without seeing it. Did you know we offer free estimates? We’ll open it up and see what’s wrong for free; with free estimates you have nothing to lose! You won’t be obligated to go ahead with a repair.
Spill damage is serious because it corrodes sensitive electronic components, but it’s not unfixable. At Apple you will hear quotes of $750 to $1250 citing that they must replace the entire board with an overpriced tier 3 or tier 4 repair. The reality is that they are simply not interested in getting their hands dirty fixing the parts you already have. It’s easier to gouge you replacing everything.
As soon as you get liquid in your machine you should stop using it! Turning it on will just make it worse as this allows electricity to flow through shorted wet components causing it to look like the board in the picture. Even when the damage is this extensive we can repair it, but it is best to minimize damage so we have a higher likelihood of fixing your board in a reasonable timeframe.
- We offer component level motherboard repair.
- We repair what is broken without high cost motherboard replacement.
- We ultrasonically clean liquid damaged components.
- We guarantee our work for ninety days!
Problems we will fix on your spill damaged machine
- Not turning on.
- No light/image on the screen.
- Not charging the battery.
- Keys not working properly.
- Trackpad not working properly.